Friday, March 26, 2010

Deployment

Deployment. It's getting closer and I feel like PMS on steroids. I'm not a very emotional person when it comes to crying. I tend to keep it in until it just bursts out. That's not the case this time. Time up here has been amazing and I feel so blessed to have been able to spend the past three months with my husband. On the down side, we thought he was going to deploy around the 6th of April. Wednesday night he was told that it would be the 1st instead.  Not that 5 days makes a huge difference, but when it comes to deployment, it can make a world of a difference. It was one more full week and one more weekend together. I think the initial shock hit me hard on Wednesday as the reality of the situation fianlly set in. I cried off and on Wednesday night into Thursday morning and afternoon. After laying in bed until noon I finally got up, looked at myself in the mirror and got it together. I showered, curled my hair and got dressed. Simple things that happen everyday that sometimes are tough to do, but they are the first steps to continuing on with living through deployment. I promised Bryan and myself that even though he would be gone, I would continue living. It wouldn't be fair to anyone if I decided to stop living just because I'm sad that he is gone. So now it's time to enjoy every last second with Bryan and to pray that this week slows down and that the time away while he is deployed speeds up. Say your prayers for my husband and 1-87...as well as for all of the soldiers continually fighting for our freedom. "Home of the free, because of the brave."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p2EW3yBqSk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment